On this date three years ago, Sgt. Justin Bradley Allen, 23, was a team leader assigned to D Company, 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment at Hunter Army Airfield, Ga.
He was killed in a fire fight with enemy forces on July 18, 2010, while conducting a combat operation in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. Allen was leading an assault on an enemy position when he was mortally wounded by enemy small arms fire.
He was on his fourth deployment. He had previously deployed twice to Iraq and once to Afghanistan.
After graduating from Dawson Bryant High School, Allen enlisted in the U.S. Army in May 2006. He completed One Station Unit Training at Fort Benning, Ga. as an infantryman. Then after graduating from the Basic Airborne Course, he was assigned to the Ranger Assessment and Selection Program at Fort Benning.
Following graduation from the Ranger Assessment and Selection Program, Allen was assigned to B Company, 1st Bn., 75th Ranger Reg. in October 2007 where he served as a grenadier and automatic rifleman. He was later transferred to D Co. where he served as a team leader.
His military education includes the Basic Airborne Course, the Ranger Assessment and Selection Program, the U.S. Army Ranger Course, and Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape Course,
His awards and decorations include the Ranger Tab, Combat Infantryman Badge, Expert Infantryman Badge, Parachutist Badge and the U.S. Army Basic Rifle Marksmanship Qualification Badge. He was also awarded the Joint Service Achievement Medal, Army Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, two Afghanistan Campaign Medals, two Iraq Campaign Medals, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the Army Service Ribbon.
He was posthumously awarded the Bronze Star Medal for Valor, Meritorious Service Medal and Purple Heart.
He is survived by his parents Roger and Bonnie Sue Allen of Coal Grove, Ohio.
As a Ranger, Allen selflessly lived his life for others while he distinguished himself as a member of the Army’s premier light-infantry unit, which remains continuously deployed in support of the Global War on Terrorism. In every instance he fought valiantly as he served his fellow Rangers and our great Nation.
58 Notes/ Hide
- shuttster likes this
- bag3lf4c3 likes this
- combatic likes this
- frankienutz likes this
- semilost likes this
- some-dumb-ass reblogged this from 12gauge-ghost
- some-dumb-ass likes this
- 12gauge-ghost reblogged this from forthemilitaryloves
- 12gauge-ghost likes this
- forthemilitaryloves reblogged this from bringiton911
- berserkerjerk likes this
- skeletalzergface likes this
- ill-show-you-whatt-horror-means likes this
- bringiton911 reblogged this from mortarfragginsomebeehitch
- kwatts5518 reblogged this from smyczynski
- pfilla likes this
- gencavox likes this
- thebattlebeginswithin reblogged this from mortarfragginsomebeehitch
- thebattlebeginswithin likes this
- plover26 reblogged this from victran
- bossrobotdad likes this
- mannchilllthefuckout reblogged this from victran
- mannchilllthefuckout likes this
- patriotjoe likes this
- echo-of-glass likes this
- penisbandits reblogged this from shuttster
- thesteveoprojekt reblogged this from victran
- ayeeitsbraad reblogged this from victran and added:
- quickjl likes this
- drew0907 likes this
- 12-gauge-rage likes this
- dr-joe reblogged this from victran
- swotivation reblogged this from victran
- overwatchingyourbooty likes this
- mind-above-all-else reblogged this from victran
- sovereign-is-spookiest-reaper reblogged this from victran
- sovereign-is-spookiest-reaper likes this
- alwayschasingsafety likes this
- nightbringer24 likes this
- victran posted this